Had my week 36 check up today. Everything’s looking good, except that WIP didn’t really let me sleep last night. I didn’t wake up groggy but I sure was pissed. If you know me, you know I love my sleep. Baby – ready or not – we’re going to break you of this nocturnal action!
Pablo swore that I was bigger than a basketball. Really? I really did not need to see this photo. Then again, I’m sure I’ll look back at it and laugh somewhere….down…the…..road.
According to babycenter.com, this week:
Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position. But if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.
Somehow I think baby’s closer to 8 pounds at the rate I’m going!
WIP’s been getting into some really funny positions. Funny from my view of WIP, but definitely not comfortable! I swear WIP was sideways last weekend and Pablo had to coax WIP into getting back into a more comfortable position.
I’m praying for a long sleep tonight – let’s see who wins this battle. So far it’s WIP 1 – Edie 0.
This is kinda cute. My sister in law Jillian had her son, Nicholas December 15th. This is her at 36 weeks and me at 36 weeks. And, can you believe she made it another 3 weeks from this point? I’m hoping WIP and I can, but I know the docs-on-call a couple days in advance just in case….
No comments:
Post a Comment