Sunday, February 13, 2011

Big Day!

It was my plan to wear the Little Man out today and judging by the fact that he was in bed asleep at 730pm sharp, I did my job.

We started the day with Gymboree with our Cousins – Sunshine, Rae and Danger were there.  Since we went to the Gymboree in Alpharetta, Little Man was able to get a 30 minute snooze on the drive.

2011 02 13 Gymboree with Cuz

I’ve been practicing my camera skills and like how Little Man is in focus and Uncle M is just barely. 2011 02 13 Gymboree with Cuz1

{Hey Ma, put down the camera and come play!|2011 02 13 Gymboree with Cuz2

We lunched with everyone at Johnny’s Pizza. Afterwards, it was off to Target for diaper shopping. Little Man managed to fall asleep in the car on the way.  Not good for Mommy, who needs to go in the store. What to do? What to do? I carefully, quietly, unbuckle the sleeping angel and throw him over my shoulder. Dead weight I tell ya!  I’m looking forward to seeing the scales at his next check up, because this boy is definitely over 20 pounds by now! It must have been a funny sight at Target. Me grabbing diaper boxes with one hand and trying to not have my left arms fall off from keeping a baby sleeping.  Wish I had a picture of this! But, it was just my luck. The second I went to go put him back in his car seat – his eyes opened and it was as if he was saying, “ Woman, you don’t think you’re getting me back into this darn thing – do you?” Well I did and he managed the 5 minute drive down the street to Mimi and Gampa’s house.

On the way home, I was hoping he would stay up so that he could take a nap at home, and – yeah, so that I could benefit from the time alone by catching up on dishes, laundry and all the wonderful things that come along with this ol’ house.   But, no luck. No nap on the drive and no nap at home.  (Maybe this means he’ll go to sleep early?)

Since it was so nice outside, 60 degrees, we spent some time on the front lawn, and yes, I practiced some outdoor shots… his faces just crack me up!

2011 02 13 Getting my sun on22011 02 13 Getting my sun on32011 02 13 Getting my sun on42011 02 13 Getting my sun on6

To get out of the sun, but still enjoy the warm weather, we headed to the back.

2011 02 13 Hanging on the porch

And then, to reward ourselves for a long day – we feasted on some of Mommy’s Challah!

2011 02 13 Challah Feast12011 02 13 Challah Feast22011 02 13 Challah Feast32011 02 13 Challah Feast3_1

No comments:

Post a Comment