Monday, June 7, 2010

Doctors Visit

Ilan had his 2 month check up today. You’d think I was putting it off since being out of town for work and then at the beach with the family, because he’s really almost 3 months now. He’s growing! 12 pounds, 7 ounces and our boy is long – 24 inches! A whole 4’ since birth. It’s really cute, half of his outfits are snug on him lengthwise and too big widthwise.

Sadly, today is the day for his first round of vaccinations.  The nurse was very gentle, she gave him one orally and he kinda liked it – it was sweet (so she said). However, the three pricks in the leg he did not. His mouth opened really wide, his face turned the color of a tomato and for a couple of seconds there was no sound…..but you knew it was coming. The poor little guy was in shock for a good couple of minutes and I was so sad for him. It was a tough day and if I could have given him ice cream, I would.  But we let him sleep a little longer during his naps. He was a little warm, but nothing a little drop of baby tylenol couldn’t help.

Sorry, no photos today – in honor of the little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment