Friday, June 11, 2010

5 years?

My how time flies!

It feels like yesterday we spent our 10th month together in Aruba, shaking our butts for that bottle of wine.

It feels like yesterday we learned more about the UGA campus and Athens.

It feels like yesterday we were freezing our butts off searching for a cab in NYC with Jonny Z and watching Janet Jackson’s boob on TV.

It feels like yesterday we had a 2 hour tour of Chicago and listening to bagpipes on Lake Michigan.

It feels like yesterday we jumped out of the hot air balloon in Tuscany to sit down to Champagne and cheese. radda

It feels like yesterday we bicycled thru Ny Haaven in Copenhagen and cheered on the local Capoiera group.

It feels like yesterday we traveled to Dublin and England for our 1st anniversary, to root on USA in the World Cup and had a train go “Kaput.”

It feels like yesterday I took us in the wrong direction at Versailles, but you walked with me anyway.

Can you believe we’ve been to Hell and we came back?

It feels like yesterday we enjoyed Slurpees every day and visited with Mickey.

It’s true – every day I love him more and more. I’ve been blessed, not only do I have a kind, gentle and loving husband – he’s also a great father.  I was overjoyed watching his face light up when our little guy entered the world. Pablo was just glowing. 

There’s a song by Brad Paisley that makes me cry every time I hear it.  He sings about the first time he met his wife, then proposing to her, then seeing her pregnant and having their first child. The main theme in the song is “and I thought I loved you then.” Because at each different season of his life, he loves his wife more than he did the season before.

Pablo, I thought I loved you then…..

ilan 061010 (3)

No comments:

Post a Comment