Monday, September 20, 2004

Heaven

You are my heaven and now that we’re here in the clouds, I want to know if you’d marry me. 

Pablo is so romantic! Here we are in the clouds, in a hot air balloon over the hills of Tuscany at 8am in the morning in September and my boyfriend is asking me what? If only he’d told me he was going to do this so that I could have looked a little more put together in the pictures. Ha! I am the luckiest girl in the world. (Side note: Also, I am a slacker – I didn’t start blogging until early 2007 and it’s now 6/11/10 and I’m coming back to write this since today is our 5th anniversary. Nonetheless, I needed to stick this in the 2004 posts so that it falls chronologically.)

This was the happiest day of my life (up to that point) and I was on cloud 9. Pablo told me that we had to get up early that morning, leave our warm bed in our castle in the Chianti region of Tuscany so that we could do something he’s always wanted to do.  Little did I know that I was in for a big treat that day! Not only did we rise 6000 feet about the ground, but Pablo proposed and I had absolutely no means to turn him down, he had me trapped! Of course, yes, I said! As I swooped down to hug him, his eyes fixated on the 4 bolts that were holding the basket to the balloon. Lucky for me, I was on cloud 9 and I paid no attention to those little 4 bolts. Our balloon driver landed us in a small vineyard where a cute little Italian lady welcomed us onto her land, although not until she learned that the balloon was not going to destroy her grapes. We had a full lunch on the picnic table, complete with Champagne, cheese, grapes, white peaches, figs and fresh walnuts. Next came the local cafe and then we accidentally got lost in the town of Sienna. Ah – young love.

Our castle – Castella di Meleto.

No comments:

Post a Comment